Going to an amusement park for the day should be filled with carefree fun and thrill-seeking. Unfortunately for some, amusement parks can be the source of serious, life-changing injuries. If you have been injured due to an amusement park accident, it is important that you reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer who will fight for your right to compensation. Our firm wants our clients to get back to their lives. You do not need to go through this legal process alone. Reach out to our firm today to discuss our services and how we can best assist your legal claim.
What are the common causes of amusement park accidents?
The tough reality that comes with amusement park accidents is that some of the most common causes can be easily avoided if it wasn’t for poor maintenance and negligence by property owners. The most common causes of amusement park accidents are as follows:
- Human error
- Mechanical failure
What are the most common injuries sustained in amusement park accidents?
The most common injuries sustained in amusement park accidents are as follows:
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Facial lacerations and fractures
- Heart attacks
- Bone fractures
- Brain aneurysms
- Back injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Fatal injuries from falling out of rides
- Drowning on water rides and slides
- Brain aneurysms
- Compound fractures that require surgical repair
What should I do after being injured in an amusement park accident?
To set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim in the future, it is best to have a plan in place. Follow each of the below steps to protect yourself and your future:
- Call the police. They will be able to properly document the incident by completing a police report. They will also bring medical assistance to the scene if necessary.
- While you wait to be treated for your injuries, if you can, take photos of the hazards that lead to your accident.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Talk with any witnesses to your accident and collect their contact information.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to recover the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Ontario?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years in Ontario. This means that you will have two years to take legal action to receive the compensation you require to heal. Do not hesitate to reach out to our personal injury firm today to discuss our services. It is best to take action as soon as possible to avoid being barred from suing. We are here to help. Schedule an initial consultation with our personal injury lawyer today.
Contact Our Experienced Toronto Personal Injury Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need a lawyer who truly cares about your best interests. Contact a Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer at Merricks Law Group today.