People are seldom nervous when entering airports, especially when compared to the actual flight itself, however, if you’ve been injured in an airport accident in Ontario, you need an experienced Toronto airport accident lawyer who is ready to fight for your right to heal. Contact Merricks Law Group today.
Why Hire a Toronto Airport Accident Lawyer?
Recovering compensation after an accident is oftentimes very complicated, which is why you cannot afford to go it alone. Mr. Merricks is here to do everything in his power to fight for the compensation you need to pick up the pieces and move on with your life.
Common Causes of Airport Accidents
Airport accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, though they are most commonly the result of negligence on the part of airport management or staff. Some of the most common causes of airport accidents in Toronto are as follows:
- Unsafe airport parking lots/parking garages
- Spills left uncleaned
- Unsafe airport shops
- Defective airport elevators/escalators
- Unsafe airport sidewalks
- Insufficient lighting
- Inadequate security
What to do After an Airport Accident
After sustaining an injury in an airport accident, you should do everything you can to document the accident. Try to take the following steps:
- Notify a security guard or a law enforcement officer of your accident. They should send additional emergency services to the scene.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, email address, and any other means by which you may contact them at a later date so they can corroborate your claim.
- Take pictures of the dangerous airport conditions that caused you to slip and fall.
- Seek medical treatment and obtain copies of all medical documents/bills regarding your injury.
- Hire a knowledgeable Toronto personal injury lawyer who can work to obtain all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim, such as security camera footage of your accident happening.
As long as you can satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim, you should recover financial compensation to help offset some of the monetary and emotional burdens you’ve sustained as a result of your accident. You may recover compensation to help cover the cost of medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and more. Our firm is here to help ensure you receive the maximum compensation to cover the entire cost of your injuries.
Contact Our Toronto Airport Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an airport accident, you can depend on the skilled legal team here at Merricks Law Group to fight, tooth-and-nail, for the financial compensation you deserve and need to get back on your feet once again. Contact our firm to schedule your initial consultation today.