If you have been injured in an airport, you may be looking to recover financial compensation for your damages. Continue reading to discover the most common causes of airport accidents, who is responsible for airport accidents, and the steps you should take after being injured in an airport. If you have any questions about opening a personal injury claim, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today to schedule an initial consultation. You do not need to go through this legal process alone.
What are the most common causes of airport accidents?
Negligence is the most common factor when it comes to causes of airport accidents. The following are the most common causes of airport accidents, due to negligent maintenance or airport staff:
- Defective airport elevators/escalators
- Poor lighting
- Unsafe parking lots and sidewalks
- Spills left unattended
- Unsafe airport restaurant or shop conditions
- Inadequate security
What should I do if I have been injured in an airport accident?
If you have been injured in an airport accident, it is essential that you have a plan. Take the following steps to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Notify airport security
- Contact the police and ensure they conduct a report of your accident to document your injuries
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your injuries
- Photograph the hazards that caused your accident
- Photograph your injuries
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve
Who is responsible for airport accidents?
If airport ownership or staff knew or should have known of and failed to fix the unsafe conditions that caused your injuries, you may have a valid premises liability claim. You may have a valid product liability claim if you were injured in an elevator or on an escalator due to a negligent product designer or a negligent product manufacturer.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury airport accidents claims in Toronto?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years in Toronto. This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the negligent party responsible for your injuries. To get started as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury lawyer who will walk you through the claims filing process ahead. Our firm is here to help.