Swimming pool accidents are unfortunately common, especially during the summer months. This is why it is so important to refresh our memories on the top safety tips to consider at the pool.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident due to the pool owner’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Reach out to our experienced personal injury lawyer to learn more about filing a premises liability claim. We would be happy to walk you through the claims filing process.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Swimming pool accidents happen each summer. As the summer comes to a close, it can be easy to forget the most important safety tips to keep your loved ones safe this holiday. Consider the following tips to have a successful day at the pool without any injuries or accidents:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
To achieve financial compensation, you will first need to retain the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work to prove negligence in a premises liability claim. In this premises liability claim, your lawyer will have to work to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To back this claim, they will gather evidence such as photos and videos of the scene of your accident, medical documentation relating to your treatment after the accident, and witness statements from those who saw your accident happen.
Contact our experienced Toronto personal injury firm to learn more about how we will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve to move on with your life. We want all of our clients to succeed with their claims. Give our firm a call to schedule your initial consultation.