If you have sustained an injury in an accident due to no fault of your own, you are likely looking to file a personal injury claim. To learn what to expect during your initial consultation with your personal injury lawyer and the ways to prepare, continue reading. Contact our firm to discover more about our services and how we can assist you. Here are some questions you may have before your consultation with our team:
What should I bring to my initial consultation with a Toronto personal injury lawyer?
It is important that you do your best to document the accident after being injured. You should bring this information to your initial consultation with your personal injury lawyer so that they can assess your situation and pursue the compensation you deserve. The following is the most useful information that you can bring to an initial consultation:
- All relevant medical documentation regarding the extent and origin of your injuries
- Medical bills
- A statement regarding the chronological order of events
- Photos of the unsafe conditions that led to your accident if you were injured in a slip and fall
- If you were injured in an auto accident, photos of any damage to your vehicle and the other motorist’s vehicle
- Insurance information
- The other motorist’s insurance information
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident
- Any recorded or written correspondence with the other party or their insurance company
How long can I wait to schedule an initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Toronto?
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important that you take legal action as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Toronto is generally two years. This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your claim. The sooner you can take action, the better. This is because if you fail to file your claim within this timeframe, you may risk being permanently time-barred from suing. To begin this process, give our experienced Ontario personal injury lawyer a call today. We will do everything in our power to achieve the compensation you require to heal. To learn more about our firm and how we can assist you with your upcoming claim, contact our firm today to schedule your initial consultation. We are looking forward to hearing from you.