If you have been recently injured in a grocery store accident, you may be seeking to recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim. To learn the most common causes of grocery store accidents, what steps you should take after being injured, and the time period you will have to take legal action, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to reach out to our dedicated Toronto personal injury firm.
What are the most common causes of grocery store accidents?
The most common causes of grocery store accidents include the following:
- Poorly placed or missing floor mats
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Unstable displays
- Spills in aisles or restrooms left unattended
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
What steps should I take after being injured in a grocery store accident?
It is best to have a plan following an accident. Taking the following steps immediately after your grocery store accident will increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim in the future:
- Alert the authorities. The police will bring medical assistance to the scene to treat your injuries. Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. The police will also file a police report to document the accident.
- Alert the store’s management to ensure they file a report. Collect a copy of this report.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident and any hazards that played a part in the accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Contact an experienced Toronto personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Toronto?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Toronto is generally two years. This means that you will have two years from the date of your grocery store accident to take legal action against the negligent party responsible for your accident. The sooner you are able to bring attention to your claim, the better. This is because if you fail to file your claim within this timeframe, you may risk being permanently time-barred from suing. To get started with his process as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced Toronto personal injury lawyer today. We are prepared to fight for your right to compensation.
Contact Our Experienced Toronto Personal Injury Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, you need a lawyer who truly cares about your best interests. Contact a Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer at Merricks Law Group today.