Your injury may be considered catastrophic if it happened suddenly and left you with life-changing, long-term damages. By their nature, catastrophic injuries happen without prior warning, making your life turn upside down in an instant. If you are enduring the aftermath of such an accident and do not know what your next move should be, follow along to learn how an experienced Toronto long term disability lawyer at Merricks Law Group can come to your side for support.
What are the most common types of catastrophic injuries in Toronto?
Usually, catastrophic injuries are associated with that of the neck and spinal cord. These injuries can be debilitating, and specifically, paraplegia and quadriplegia can leave you with partial or total loss of the use of your limbs and torso. However, listed below are other common types of catastrophic injuries seen in Toronto:
- Birth injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Loss of hearing or sight.
- Eye injuries.
- Facial injuries.
- Nerve damage.
- Brain injuries.
- Neurological damage.
- Crush injuries.
And, depending on the severity of these injuries, you may have to endure an uphill battle with the following damages:
- Specialized medical care, potentially for the rest of your lifetime.
- Physical therapy, potentially for the rest of your lifetime.
- Deep emotional scarring.
- Chronic pain and suffering.
- Serious disfigurement.
- Significant medical bills for your required treatment.
- Loss of wages due to your inability to go back to work for years or, potentially, forever.
What are the most common causes of catastrophic injuries in Toronto?
Similarly, the causes of catastrophic injuries are seemingly limitless. In Toronto, the most common causes read as follows:
- Auto and/or transportation accidents:
- Car accidents, including that of Uber and Lyft.
- Drunk driver accidents.
- Truck accidents.
- Public transportation accidents.
- Boating accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Jet ski accidents.
- Horseback riding accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents:
- Falls from heights.
- Sidewalk accidents.
- Restaurant accidents.
- Supermarket accidents.
- Parking lot accidents.
- Stairway accidents.
- Airport accidents.
- Other types of personal injury accidents:
- Sports accidents.
- Trampoline accidents.
- On-the-job accidents.
- Accidents with fires and explosions.
- Defective product accidents.
- Medical malpractice accidents.
- Violent crime accidents.
Regardless of the type of accident that caused your catastrophic injuries, it was likely due to another party’s negligence, carelessness, or willful misconduct. If this is applicable to you, you should not waste any more time in consulting with a skilled Ontario personal injury lawyer. Our firm will not hesitate in evaluating your case and determining how much compensation you require to cover all of your lifelong expenses and damages from your wrongful catastrophic injuries.
Contact Our Experienced Toronto Personal Injury Firm
If you have been injured in an accident due to no fault of your own, contact a Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer at Merricks Law Group today.