If you have been injured in a parking lot accident due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible to recover financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. To learn more about the steps you can take to increase your chances of filing a successful claim after an accident, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to contact our Toronto parking lot accident lawyer. Here are some questions you may have:
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
The following are the most common causes of parking lot accidents:
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
- Inadequate security
- Standing water
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
It is best to have a plan after being injured in an accident. The most important steps to consider taking after a parking lot accident are as follows:
- Alert the police. They will bring medical assistance to the scene and conduct a police report to document the accident.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, photograph the scene of the accident and any hazards that may have caused your accident. Also, photograph your injuries.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek medical attention immediately. This step is crucial, even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury. It is best to seek medical observation in case injuries arise later.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation after your treatment. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Toronto personal injury lawyer. Your attorney may be able to collect further evidence to support your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for parking lot accidents claims in Toronto?
In Toronto, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims after parking lot accidents is generally two years. This means that you will have two years from the date of your parking lot accident to bring attention to your claim. It is best to take legal action as soon as possible to avoid being barred from suing. To get started today, give our Ontario personal injury lawyer a call today. Our team will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal and move forward with your life.