Parking lot accidents occur every day and can result in serious, life-altering injuries. If you have been injured in a parking lot accident, it is best to reach out to our experienced personal injury lawyer who will work to recover the compensation you require to heal. Continue reading to discover the steps you shouldn’t take after being injured in a parking lot accident, plus, learn the time period you’ll have to take legal action in Toronto.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
The following are some of the most common causes of parking lot accidents in Toronto:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
There are a few important steps that you should take after being injured in a parking lot accident. Take the following steps to protect yourself and your future:
- Call the police. The police will bring an ambulance to the scene of the accident. They will also conduct a police report to document the accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately. This is a step that must not be skipped even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury. It is best to be observed by a medical professional in case injuries arise later on.
- While you wait for medical assistance, if you can, take photos of the scene of your accident and your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses ‘ contact information. This should include witnesses’ names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Collect all documentation relating to your medical treatments. These documents should state the following information: the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Toronto personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve. Your lawyer will also obtain various types of evidence to support your claim such as security camera footage of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury parking lot accident claims in Toronto?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically two years from the date of your accident in Toronto. This means that you will have two years to take legal action against the negligent party who is responsible for your accident. To avoid being permanently barred from suing, take legal action within this period of time. To get started with this process, contact our firm today to learn more about our services.